help στα Αγγλικά
v. assist, aid; rescue; ease, relieve; improve, fix; avoid, refrain; serve, wait on
interj. dear me!, oh my! (expression of surprise, concern or consternation)
For me, being able to help them learn Spanish is an honour, and so I give these lessons as a volunteer.
I have also worked with organizations that help children in situations of social exclusion.
Finally a very nice old lady (almost eighty years old!) came to help us youngsters to “understand” all of that technology.
Furthermore, Moroccan people use bread instead of cutlery, scooping food with it rather than helping themselves with a fork, knife or spoon.
He helps young people around the world learn through the Internet.
I would like to help patients and to heal them.
Believing in a cause, a person, an idea, or an environmental issue will help you form your own opinions and ideas.
However, I couldn’t help questioning how long this happiness would last.
I couldn’t help but worry.
I would watch the cooks as they cooked and help with preparation as needed.
1. aid: abet, assist, support, uphold, back, befriend, encourage
2. assistance: aid, relief, support, succour, guidance, backing, advice
3. ease: foster, further, promote, facilitate
4. relieve: alleviate, cure, heal, improve, remedy, restore, better
5. avoid: refrain from, forbear